University of Goettingen
At the University of Göttingen -Public Law Foundation-, Albrecht-von-Haller-Institut für Pflanzenwissenschaften, there is a position as
Postdoc in the area of plant molecular biology/ biochemistry (all genders welcome)
Entgeltgruppe 13 TV-L/100% to be filled.
Starting date is as soon as possible. The position is initially limited until October 31, 2024.
The salary is in accordance with the German public service salary scale (Entgeltgruppe 13 TV-L).
- Research on the “Molecular signals in and from parasitic plants” in the framework of a DFG-funded project
- Identification of the causal dalton mutations in the parasitic plant Phtheirospermum japonicum
- Targeted mutagenesis of Phtheirospermum japonicum genes by CRISPR-Cas9 (Greifenhagen et al., 2021)
- Measuring chlorophyll absorption spectra and chlorophyll fluorescence by pulse amplitude modulated (PAM) fluorometry
- Generation of transgenic parasitic plants and imaging of fluorescent transgenes during infections
- Genetic complementation of Arabidopsis mutants
- Conducting RNA-sequencing analysis during Phtheirospermum japonicum-infections of Arabidopsis thaliana plants
- Analyzing the activation of signaling pathways in host and parasite with specific antibodies
- Protein purification from bacteria, plants and yeasts
- Participation in general laboratory operations and duties
- A successful master’s or diploma degree in biology or biochemistry, followed by the completion of a Ph.D. (or equivalent) in the fields of plant molecular biology/ biochemistry/ cell biology/ genetics
- Proven track record of practical experiences in studying plant photosynthesis (e.g., PAM fluorimetry, chlorophyll biosynthesis)
- Extensive knowledge of standard methods in molecular biology (e. g., cloning), protein biochemistry and cell biology
- Excellent English skills, both written and spoken
- Prior experiences in transcriptomics are a plus, especially in non-classical model organisms.
- Knowledge of “Mapping-by-Sequencing” analyses is also beneficial.
The Plant Biotic Interactions Group at the Schwann-Schleiden Research Center is part of the Albrecht-von-Haller Institute for Plant Sciences. Interested? Please submit your CV, a motivation letter, and the email addresses of two references to the University of Göttingen application portal.
The University of Göttingen is an equal opportunities employer and places particular emphasis on fostering career opportunities for women. Qualified women are therefore strongly encouraged to apply in fields in which they are underrepresented. The university has committed itself to being a family-friendly institution and supports their employees in balancing work and family life. The mission of the University is to employ a greater number of severely disabled persons. Applications from severely disabled persons with equivalent qualifications will be given preference.
Please upload your application in one pdf file including the usual documents until 12/1/2022 . On the application portal of the university using this link: http://obp.uni-goettingen.de/de-de/OBF/Index/72814.
For more information get in touch with Thomas Spallek directly via E-Mail:
firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel. 0049-551-39177846 .
With submission of your application, you accept the processing of your applicant data in terms of data-protection law. Further information on the legal basis and data usage is provided in the Information General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com