The Society is pleased to announce the results of its recent elections for the Executive Committee:
- Prof. Dr. Harro Bouwmeester (University of Amsterdam, the Netherlands), is now President.
- Dr. Jonne Rodenburg (University of Greenwich, UK) has been elected as Vice President.
- Prof. Dr. Pradeepa Bandaranayake (University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka), will be Member at Large, and
- Prof. Dr. Airong Li (Kunming Institute of Botany, China), who served the IPPS as Member at Large during the past four years, and will continue her service for the IPPS as its new elected Secretary.
As the new EC members take up their work for the next four years, the Society would like to thank three of its former Executive Committee members for their outstanding service and engagement with the IPPS:
- Prof. Dr. Julie Scholes (The University of Sheffield, UK) served the Society for eight years, four of which as Vice-President and another four years as President. She has also organized the WCPP in Sheffield in 2013.
- Dr. Maurizio Vurro (Institute of Sciences of Food Production, Italy) served the IPPS as Secretary for four years and organized the WCPP in Martina Franca in 2011.